Sunday 13 March 2016

Distress Ink Background

Hello Friends,

Today I am sharing a very simple card. I have created a background using distress inks. Since distress inks are very reactive so I decided to experiment a little with them.

First have a look at  my finished card



To create the background I took a piece of Neenah Solar White Cardstock and applied broken china & chipped sapphire distress inks.Then using chipped sapphire I stamped a flower from Hero Arts Blossom Stamp set all over the distressed cardstock. Since distress inks remain wet for sometime so they can be used for embossing as well. So I applied clear embossing  powder over the stamped flowers and heat set it with heat gun.

Now the fun part begins. I took fabric whitener which we use at home. Dipped the brush into it and applied it on the flowers. Distress ink reacted with it turning the areas lighter. And if applied more areas will turn white. This is how I got this background.

To finish off the card I cut down the background cardstock into a panel and adhere it to A2 card base. I also  used happy die from Simon Says Stamp. I used five diecuts and stick them one above the other to get the dimension. Finally added this chipboard looking diecut over the vellum.

Entering it into - 

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Make your own background
Addicted to stamps and more- Clean and Simple
House of Cards - Silhouette

Thanks for stopping by !!
Will come back soon !

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant technique!! Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant technique!! Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card! The background is so pretty and I love the flowers. Thanks for entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created your own technique on this card...it's really gorgeous, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique - with a gorgeous result!! Thanks for playing along with us at ATSM this week!
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super awesome! I adore the fabulous colors and fun texture! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Superb colour and a wonderful use of stamps. Thank you so much for joining our silhouette challenge at House of Cards I hope we see you this month too Karen @ HOC DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love the cheerful message! Thanks for joining us at House of cards!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...